Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Quotes

I have been cleaning out my desk and boxes in my room and have found pages of my favorite quotes that I have written down in the past. I read some of them and don't understand why I ever liked them. And some I still love. I probably have about 200 written down, so I've decided I'm going to start sharing a "Quote of the Day" or maybe even "Quote of the Week", depending on if I get into the habit of writing every day...we'll see!

My first quote is by Abraham Lincoln. I saw this saying once at Deseret Book and I could never find it again. Thankfully mom pays attention when she gets her Deseret Book magazine, and she knew I was looking for this particular quote for quite some time. Thanks mom!

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."

2 comments:

Hannah said...

that's a really good quote! Thanks for sharing

sos said...

I like the look of your blog page. You're welcome for the quote!!