Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October

It's OCTOBER! I LOVE the fall. I am missing New England and Utah this time of year, though. I love the cooler weather. It's still in the 80s here, but on Friday it is supposed to drop down to 68! Yes! I bought some boots a while back and I can't wait to wear them once it gets cooler. I will probably have to wear them during the Texas 'winter' instead of fall.

I am finally feeling better after having the flu for over a week. I still have a cough and a stuffy nose a bit, but compared to last week, I feel so much better. The cough is just more annoying than anything.

Last night I went to the church (while Jon had YMs), and practiced the piano in the chapel. I love playing on a 'real' piano, especially a baby grand. I was able to practice some hymn arrangements and primary songs, etc. Some day, I will have a baby grand piano. :)

I really like our ward. The RS is in charge of the Cake Walk for the Fall Festival (which is really Trunk or Treat with other activities). I worked on that yesterday for a while and made the numbers/pieces for the circle. I volunteered to find some kid-friendly Halloween music also - I didn't think Primary songs would be quite as fun to walk around to in a circle. That may be a little harder to find, though.

I think for Christmas Jon and I will probably buy items for 72 hour kits for ourselves. I also think whenever I go grocery shopping, I will pick up something extra, like batteries or matches or small flashlights, etc. I will slowly get everything we need!

Here are some more things on my 'grown up' Christmas list:
- color printer (Pinterest has so many cute free signs, etc. I want to print them out!)
- temple clothes (I always rented clothes in Provo, but here in the SA temple they don't rent them out. That may be my gift to myself)
- Sea World passes
- clear pantry/food canisters - ones with the tight lids so I can put sugar/flour/brown sugar/etc into them
- a robe
- fabric (so then mumsy or one of my talented sisters can make some pillow slipcovers for me:))

Our apartment is small, but I am still going to SOMEHOW put up our Christmas tree. I'm not sure where yet, but I will find a spot somewhere. :) Even if we have to get rid of the dining room table for a month, haha.

3 comments:

Kara said...

We miss you guys! I am enjoying the fall weather here, I sure hope it lasts more than a couple weeks. I noticed that I have a few of the same items on my Christmas wish list. LOL!

Witty and Weasel said...

Molly, we enjoy reading your blogs so much! Your fun personality comes out and cheers us up. We miss you & Jon so much. Keep writing & keep smiling! Love you

Witty and Weasel said...

Molly, we enjoy reading your blogs so much! Your fun personality comes out and cheers us up. We miss you & Jon so much. Keep writing & keep smiling! Love you