Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Of Goals and Resolutions

Has it really been since October since I updated my blog?! Crazy. I thought I did it at least once in November. It must have been wishful thinking and I must have just imagined what I thought I wrote.

Well, here's to the new year and to my new resolutions.

And one of them - to blog at least once a week.

Here are a lot of the others:

- read a book every 2 weeks - either books from the library or ones I own (and I haven't read...)
- read the lessons for Sunday School and Relief Society the day before, or even Sunday morning (I do okay with RS, but hardly ever review the lesson for SS)
-  drink 3 liters of water every day (part of "the game")
- make the bed every day (I already do this 99.9% of the time, but I like to have a goal that I KNOW I will/can accomplish; I know, I know - it's a cheat)
- make a budget and stick to it
- save a little money from every paycheck, whether it's $20 or $200, etc.
- do a good deed daily
- plan healthy meals/menus for the week
- do my visiting teaching monthly
- write in my "One Line a Day" memory book every day (I have a hard time writing in my journal, but I can at least write a few lines/thoughts every day!)
- pray morning and night
- exercise at least 20 minutes per day (I would do more, but I know myself better than that. Some days I will do more, but I HAVE to do at least 20. Plus, I am preparing myself for "The Game". I bought the book for my Kindle, and if you want in, let me know :) Here is a link for a bit of information: The Game On! Diet (The book has a lot more info, like calculating points, etc)
- write more thank you notes and letters just because
- read scriptures and/or Ensign every day (and read out loud with Jon, also)
- wake up by 6:30 every morning
- visit Utah sometime this year
- practice piano for at least 30 minutes twice a week (actually practice, not just play the same songs over and over again)
- get to know more of my neighbors
- do more indexing for FamilySearch.org. I was on a roll for a while, but have slowed down lately. My goal is to do 100 names per day
- develop a new talent - I'm not sure what yet, but SOMETHING new/different that I will enjoy

So I am sure I will think of plenty more, and I will strive to do all of these, but I mostly want to focus on health, spirituality, and working with budget/money.

I have my big one-liter water bottle next to me, ready to be drunk. I better get on that - I still have two more to go after that one is gone!

And, I better go track down Jon, because I still need my New Year kiss. He hasn't kissed me ALL YEAR! Haha....(We both fell asleep before midnight. What the heck!)

1 comment:

Kara said...

I have similar goals on my list this year. My favorite is the one about coming to Utah! :)