Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blast from the Past

Since it was really nice outside tonight, Elza and I decided to play some badmitton. I think the most hits we got in a row was about 4. I blame it on the wind...We played for about 40 minutes, and would have probably played more, but unfortunately both the birdies were lost in some bushes. There's no way to reach them unless we go into a neighbor yard behind us. Hopefully the neighbors will notice and toss them back over, but I doubt it. Good thing they were only a dollar!
We then moved on and played toss with velcro mitts. They are GIANT mitts, so it's pretty hard to miss the ball. The ball sticks to the mitt really easily, so I felt like a pro catching every one.

After 20 minutes of that, it was time to move on to the REAL fun...

SOMERSAULTING!!

I cannot somersault. Growing up, I used to run and JUMP onto the couch and do somersaults. I remember finishing the somersault, landing on the end of the couch, get up, and run to the other side to start all over again.

So, tonight Shelby and I each decided to attempt a somersault. Elza was our coach.











Here, you can see her example (with a slight interuption):



Here is our attempt after our coaching lesson:


As you can see, her coaching skills did not quite help our attempts...

Alas, before the end of the night, we BOTH DID A SOMERSAULT. Shauna came home and was our spotter, and we DID IT!!

I forgot how much it tickled my stomach...! It was certainly a blast from the past.

8 comments:

Emma and John said...

OH MY GOSH

I can't believe you don't know how to do a somersault! That was SO funny. I can't wait for John to watch it.

Lemme said...

wow...i miss you girls!

sos said...

You girls are great!! And funny!

Hannah said...

That is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

Garrett said...

I'll second my wife on that one

sos said...

Hannah and Garrett - can you do somersaults?

Court said...

Wow, girls that is so sad. I think we should have a contest next weekend.

Sargent Family said...

molly, as your former YW leader, i have to say, i dont think you deserve your yw recognition award if you cant do a somersault! i cant believe it! i feel like i failed you as a leader! if im ever a leader again, the first thing im teaching my girls is how to somersault!