Sunday, March 23, 2008

I have a blog!

I've decided to start a blog. I know I probably won't have a lot to blog about, but I think it will be fun. Now I won't have to call mom every day to give her an update...I'm sure she doesn't mind, though :)

Today was Easter Sunday! Our stake had a morning-side at the Provo Tabernacle at 7:30 am, so the choir had to be there at 6:30 am to practice. Unfortunately, no one was there to unlock the building, so people sat in their cars or stood outside for about 15 minutes. Once we got inside everything went smoothly. I think the choir did a pretty good job.

At church we had a special combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting, and the former president of the St. Louis temple came with his wife and taught our lesson. The president shared a quote by President Faust that I've been trying to find for the past hour, but it's nowhere to be found. I'll have to keep looking and post it once I've remembered or found it.

Mike, Shauna, Carter, Shelby and I had an Easter dinner upstairs. It was very good. And since I decided right before dinner that I wanted to start a blog, I took some pics!

Here are the potatoes I made. They turned out pretty well, especially since I had never made them before:

I think they looked better in real life....



And here is our set table with the food!



It was all very good. And Shauna made a very good apple pie for dessert.

Elza came to church with Shelby and me, and here are some Easter pictures we took:






Happy Easter!!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

you look so pretty! And those potatoes look really good.

Hannah said...

Obedience is the price,
Faith is the power,
Love is the motive,
The Spirit is the key,
and Christ is the reason.

Is that the quote?

Jon and Molly Knight said...

yes! Dad found it for me too. You guys are good...

Mike S. said...

Those potatoes were cold and half-raw.

Mike and Ariane said...

Congrats on the new blog. Can't wait to see more!