Friday, May 16, 2008

SUSHI DATE NIGHT

I love sushi! Especially the Las Vegas roll…MMMMM!! It is stuffed with salmon, crab, avocado, and cream cheese, it’s tempura dipped and has sumo sauce and eel sauce. So good! Last night Kyle (a very nice young man) took me to Ichiban, a restaurant in Salt Lake. (Which, according to him, has the best sushi around here!) It was sooo good. I got the Las Vegas roll, of course. I also had a mussel shooter, which is, according to the Ichiban web site, “diced New Zealand green lip mussels mixed with flying fish eggs and green onions in a spicy lemon vinegar soy sauce topped with a quail egg”. It was pretty different. A bit spicy for me. And the texture was a little gross...But I'll try anything once! Kyle also made me eat a piece of his “mystery meat” that turned out to be eel. He refused to tell me beforehand so I would still eat it. It was actually really good!

Here are some pictures from dinner!

Vegas roll

eating a piece of sushi!!

Kyle's roll....way too spicy for me!

In short, it was a great night. More updates to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you at least TRIED the mussel shooters. I really like that photo of you. You look beautiful. AWW MAN!!! I didn't know that i spilled on my shirt. Dangit..

Lemme said...

Nate and I are Sushi freaks too and we discovered an amazing sushi place right in town!! It's called Sushi Ya and it's right by Miracle Bowl on state street right as you're getting into Orem...YUM!!