Thursday, May 24, 2012

San Antonio, Here We Come!

Jon and I have decided to move to San Antonio!! We will be leaving in less than a month! I have already packed away movies, throw pillows and blankets, a lot of books, and I cleaned out my 'craft' desk (more like my desk drawers filled with 'junk' - how did fingernail clippings get in there? Gross).  It's a little overwhelming, but it's so nice to get rid of stuff, too.
I am really excited to move and to have a new adventure, but I am sad to leave friends and family. I am comfortable here and I like Utah, but I need a change. Anyone can come visit us whenever!!
Here are some reasons why I am excited about moving to San Antonio:

The Alamo:


The Riverwalk:


The Riverwalk at Christmas time:


The Majestic Theater:


SeaWorld:



Reasons I am NOT excited about Texas:

- just type "Bugs and Spiders in Texas" in Google and there you will find about a million reasons
- being sweaty all the time
- not having snow at Christmas
I think the pros outweigh the cons (plus, if we live on the second floor of an apartment building, I think the bugs will have a harder time getting in!) But I will have some (ok, a LOT) of RAID on hand just in case.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats! It's nice that you guys had so many offers to choose from. I bet you'll love it there.

Kara said...

I'm sad that you are leaving, but so happy for the new journey ahead of you. And I'm glad you're not quite as far as NC. :)

Erika Amonett said...

San Antonio is awesome! You will love it. The Riverwalk is beautiful. I love the people of Texas. They are warm and inviting. Plus, it is so green there! Your hair and skin will be soft and smooth. Best of luck! And don't let the bed bugs bite! ha ha