Friday, August 23, 2013

Dream a Little Dream of Me

This may be a bit of a sappy post, but I met Jon for the first time 3 years ago today, and I feel that today deserves a special post about LOVE.

I love Jon with my whole heart, and I am very grateful and I thank my lucky stars that I have him in my life. Jon possesses so many good qualities that I always wanted in a husband.
 He is a hard worker and does his very best to make me happy. He is always willing to go with me to the store, the library, or to run random errands. If I need copies for Primary he takes me to the church in the middle of the week so I can use the library. He readily obliges me whenever I want to go for drive and explore new places, even on a whim.
One of my favorite qualities of his is that he is always excited to see me. It doesn't matter if we have been apart only a few hours or a week, he greets me with a big kiss and a hug. Whenever I walk in the door after being out, he will stop whatever he is doing and 'run' over to me and give me a kiss. Every morning when we wake up he leans over and gives me a big hug and says good morning. He is the most complimentary person I know.  I don't have the highest self esteem, but he makes sure to constantly tell me how beautiful I am every day, and usually multiple times. He compliments everyone around him, too. I love that so much about him.
He helps me out in the kitchen, and doesn't mind doing the dishes at all. He is eager to please me and and to make me happy. Jon is so easy to talk to, and he listens to me when I am happy or sad, angry or complaining, or if I am just rambling along about nothing important. He supports me and all of my off-the-wall ideas. He will let me watch/finish a show on HGTV, even when there is a sports game on that I know he would much rather watch. And he does all of this without complaining.
I am pretty sure Jon hates spiders just as much as I do, but he still kills all of them for me. That is definitely true love...
I am grateful Jon is not stingy with money. We are on a budget, but I am so grateful that he doesn't mind going out and doing activities like mini golf or getting ice cream cones and going to a matinee. We have a lot of fun together, whatever we do, whether staying home and playing board games and having popcorn, or going to a museum and just walking around downtown.
Jon makes me laugh, and can usually always succeed in making me smile, even when I am feeling down.
Jon reads his scriptures/Ensign every morning, and writes in his journal at least a couple of times a week. He is a good example to me, and makes me want to be a better journal writer.
He is outgoing and is good at sports. I think we balance each other well - his love of sports and being outdoors, and I love the arts and am more of an introvert.
I know Jon will be a wonderful dad by the way he treats all of his nieces and nephews. He loves playing with the kids and misses them all so much. He is a great uncle and I know they all love him, too. I can't wait to have our own family someday.
Jon doesn't lie ever. He CAN'T lie. I think it is impossible for him, even if it's a little white lie. I love that about him. Sometimes I tease him about it, but it is a perfect quality to have. Sometimes he will try to lie to me about something small, and he can't help but smile a little bit and then he just loses it and starts laughing!
Jon tries his hardest at everything he does - especially with work and church. Although I know his job and his church calling can be tough a lot of times, he still fulfills all of his duties to the best of his ability. He can be too hard on himself and think he's not doing enough, but I know he does the best he can and he does a great job.

I am so grateful that I was working at Provo College that day when Jon walked in. I am grateful he took a chance on me and came back the next day and asked me out. (Our first date was 3 years ago tomorrow - to Jamba Juice! We may need to recreate that tomorrow...)

We have known each other for three years now; only eternity to go! I can't wait to spend it with my best friend.

4 comments:

Witty and Weasel said...

Jon IS a great guy and I'm so glad he found such a wonderful wife who is so good for him. We are proud of the good things you are both doing!

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

I love this post, Molly. He's lucky to have you :) PLEASE move back to Utah.

painty (Melinda) said...

Assad! I'm so glad he found you! You are so good for each other. I wish you lived closer.

painty (Melinda) said...

Auto correct...this is why I don't comment from my phone. It is supposed to say aaawww, not Assad