Saturday, August 3, 2013

Isn't It About Time?

 
When Jon and I first landed at the airport, mom pretended not be excited.
 
But she really was happy to see us! Haha!

Pennsylvania was full of fun and relaxation and good food and hanging out with family.
I am so happy we were able to see all of the kids. The Siebach boys and Shauna and Courtney (who is pretty much family) were only able to stay for a couple of days, but I am grateful  I was able to see all of those cute boys! I miss them so much. They are growing up way too fast!
Jon was able to stay for only a week, but I stayed for an extra week. I missed Jon, but I loved being able to spend more time with my side of the family!

Here are some mixed pictures of what we did for those two weeks, in no particular order: (Jon took a lot more photos on his phone, which I don't have right now. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the twins!! I know for sure Jon has some, at least...)
 
 
Dad with Olivia 

The girls were pretending to be 'mermaids'
out on the rock in the middle of the creek. 
 
 
 JB enjoying a snack (I can't believe there are no
soft letters surrounding him!) That boy
loves anything to do with letters!
 
Chris, Abbie, Carter, and Hamilton on the old railroad bridge.
They loved throwing rocks into the creek below.
 
Jon and some of the older nieces and nephews going for a walk down the trail.
(It used to be a railroad, but PA did a 'Rails to Trails' program.) So we were able
to enjoy going for a few walks along the trails and the old railroad bridges.
 
Olivia was a doll pretty much the whole time!
 
The oldest cousin, Chris, holdest the youngest, Olivia
 
We had a blast playing Mexican Train (and eating lots of snack and
drinking lots of soda! I paid for that later that night...I was so sick! But it's vacation, right?)
Unfortunately, I never won a game... Next time I
won't be sitting next to dad, haha!
 
Ellie enjoying her ice cream at Frosty Freeze!
 
Carter and Marian playing on the see-saw 
 
It may seem odd, but I LOVE these buttered, poppyseed rolls dipped/soaked
in hot chocolate for breakfast. We only do it in Pennsylvania with
my grandma and grandpa, but it's a delicious tradition!

Dad built up a couple of fires while we were there. We roasted hot dogs and
marshmallows a few nights. It was nice to sit around with the adults and talk late
into the night after the kids went to bed.
The stars and moon out there looked amazing. The fields were also glowing
with all of the fireflies. I didn't quite enjoy all of the bats flying
above us, though. At least they didn't come too close...
But next year I am bringing some personal spider spray
for those nasty, pesky daddy long-legs! I get shivers just thinking about them
crawling up my leg!

A bald eagle family lives on the property. This one is just a baby,
but it sure still looked big! It just sat there for a long time,
'talking' to it's parents, who we heard but couldn't see.

 
Last but definitely not least, mom made some homemade bread
which we topped with her homemade rhubarb jam.
I think this bread and jam combo is part of my top five favorite foods list.
She made it on our second to last day there, so just in time!


We also enjoyed going to a small 'zoo' with deer, black bears, goats, chickens, turtles, a zebra, some wolves, and some other odd animals. Emma, Hannah, Mom and I sung in church on the second Sunday we were there. We had a fireworks show in the backyard - I am grateful Jon was there to be in charge of lighting them up. Shauna was keeping an eye on him to make sure he ran away from them fast enough! We mostly stayed at the farm, but that's the way I like it - there isn't any cell phone service out there, so it was kind of nice to be 'away' from texts and phone calls and other responsibilities... :)
I hopefully will get some more pictures off of Jon's phone soon - I know he has more from our trips to Utah and to Pennsylvania.
I am grateful we were able to visit both of our families. Jon and I have both been blessed with wonderful families and friends and we miss everyone so much!




1 comment:

Witty and Weasel said...

Way to go Molly! Now I know for sure you are my favorite daughter-in-law! Loved all those pictures. After seeing your "travel brochure" of Penn.,I am excited to do a mission and vacation back there even if it is with Fidel Castro's look-alike.