Saturday, August 3, 2013

I Remember You

It's official, I am the worst blogger - ever. I think I have titled some past posts: "It's (insert month) Already?!" Or "I'm Baaaack" at least a couple of times now. But thanks to a gentle push/plea from my mother-in-law, I am going to do my best to update more often. I always think about writing something, but then times come and go and by the time I think about it again, the 'story' is old.
Today's blog is a hodge-podge of pictures and things we have been up to since February. (It's been that long!)

First, food. I love to cook. I love that Jon loves to eat what I cook. I have been trying out some new recipes, and have found some new favorites!

 
 Crispy Chicken Burritos
I just made these for the first time yesterday. So easy, soooo good!
Thank you to Pinterest for a winning recipe.
 \
 
Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake
So moist, delicious, and really good for summer.
I will definitely be making it again sometime.

 
 
Spinach Pasta Salad
One day, Jon brought home some leftover salad from a catered lunch at work.
I tried to recreate it. It wasn't quite as good, but I'm working on it still!
I'm trying to find the best dressing for it...I think that's what really
makes it or breaks it. It was still really tasty, though.

My favorite/the best grilled veggie sandwich.
Oh my goodness, so good. So flavorful.
My sister Hannah sent me the link to it over a year ago.
I've made it at least 3 times since then, but I really should make it more. 
 
For Jon's birthday, I turned to Pinterest again - this time for a special breakfast recipe.
This was rich, and it's definitely for a 'special occasion'.
Stacked french toast, with strawberries, marscapone, and nutella.
Whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon added on top, of course!
 
Bbq Tortilla Pizza
Also delicious - I just made the chicken in the crockpot, shredded it,
and put it on top of a tortilla, bbq sauce, red onion, and mozzarella cheese.
I just stuck them in the oven for a few minutes, and viola - yum!
 

Grilled Naan
I loved this Indian flatbread. I have made it with chicken curry,
or just to eat plain. I've opened it up like a pita and put taco stuff inside.
It's kind of sweet, and I keep thinking I should make
a cinnamon and sugar dessert with it...mmmm! Some time I will try it out.

 

Of course there have been more delicious meals since February, but I suppose I can't take pictures of EVERYTHING I make...And no one gets too excited to see pictures of mac' and cheese, ramen, hot dogs, or frozen pizzas. Those seem to make it into our menu sometimes, too. :)

In May, we took a trip to Utah to surprise Jon's mom for Mother's Day! I am so grateful that the Knights are very good at keeping surprises secret! Personally, I sometimes have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I am excited. Jon almost gave it away a couple of times!

We had a wonderful time in Utah visiting family - as always, time flies by way too fast. I always say "If only we had just a couple more days" or even "If only we had one more day..."But I am sure we would be saying that every day, no matter the length of a trip.

Here are some pictures of our Utah trip - I wish I would have taken more of our family! Next time...

 

 
 Jon and I went to Carrabbas with Megan and James. (My old roommate and our friend/now her boyfriend - which I approve of and love...). :)
I really love their Pomegranate Mint Lemonade, and was very happy
to have it again. It's not on the menu, but they will serve it if you ask.
 
 
We stopped by the Provo Temple to take some pictures. We were going to walk around the grounds,
but we were in a bit of a hurry. Plus, it was so hot that day! I did not plan and pack for so many hot days! I think I was wearing a cardigan that day (surprise, surprise).
 
Landing in Utah!! I miss it so much!

We enjoyed watching Dad's dvd of pictures of his life in Alaska when he was younger.
We had a good laugh at this picture of Jon's dad :) I didn't recognize him at all!


We went for a drive and picnic up the canyon with mom and dad Knight.
I miss the snow, and I couldn't believe how much was still up there! Mom and I
only got out of the car for a quick picture. I am used to this Texas heat, I guess. The
men braved the cold and walked around a while and ate outside, though. 
 
 After lunch up the canyon, we walked around temple square and went to the
church history museum. I have been there a few times, but it never gets old.
 
 
 We definitely stayed busy on this trip. Another day, we headed down south for a few hours
and checked out Wes and Kara's new 'cabin'. I put 'cabin' in quotations, because this was
definitely not what I was expecting. I think I really only had spiders on my mind. We
were going down to move in some furniture and clean up the place a bit. I assumed 'cleaning up'
meant dusting for cobwebs and squishing spiders. Thankfully, it was the opposite!
It is a huge cabin, with lots of windows and a beautiful kitchen/great room, etc. Their
master bathroom is from a dream - who doesn't want a nice claw-foot, soaking tub?!
 
Here is the Provo Tabernacle, soon to be temple. I can't believe how much
work they have done! It's amazing. It boggles my mind how they can
dig under/put up stilts/balance/fix/build it. I love it. I am grateful I was
able to attend the tabernacle a few times before it burned - for stake conferences,
graduations, and singing in a choir there, too. I am especially grateful
I was able to play the organ up on the balcony, also. What an experience!

We visited our friends the Alderks who lived down the street from us in Provo.
We stopped at the old place for a minute and I snapped a picture. I miss it a lot
more than I thought I would. There are six years of memories in that house! We've only
been gone a little over a year, but it seems like a small lifetime. I am almost tempted
 to move back, and even live in that house again!
 
Beautiful mountains. I miss going up the canyons on beautiful spring/summer/fall days.

I can't believe we didn't take pictures with any family. Next time!! But we really did have a wonderful time with family and I enjoyed our visit so much.


Next post, our trip to Pennsylvania!




1 comment:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

You blogged?! YAY! You really should blog more.