Friday, August 19, 2011

Places and Things

My whole life, I've always wanted to travel. I get Travelzoo's Top 20 deals, Budget Travel emails, National Geographic gives me pictures and updates on Facebook, the Global Volunteer Network emails me all of their opportunities, etc. BUT, I want to SHOW you the places I want to visit someday. I could say "everywhere", and leave it at that. But after looking at these pictures, how can you NOT want to go?

Look how small the person looks in the HUGE cave!

Elephants in Kenya
 (I love elephants, and have always wanted to go on a safari.)

 After watching An Affair to Remember and Sleepless in Seattle,
I think the Empire State Building is a must.

 GREECE. I've always wanted to visit this place.

This church in Greenland. (It is a replica of the church that
Erik the Red built for his wife when became a Christian.
He built the stone wall to keep the animals/livestock out.)

Ireland...mmm. Jon and I watched Leap Year last week (Jon admitted that
he really liked the movie - "a good chick flick"). Every time I watch it,
I want to go see and stand on the cliffs of Ireland.

I love this walkway in Japan. (As long as I could find a cool stone
stairway like this, I don't care WHERE it is!)

I'll admit, I always worried that I would get into a kayak, flip over, be stuck, and drown.
(This was before I realized that they made bigger, roomier holes for your body, too.)
Don't the rocks and the water look amazing?

I just want to step into this lake
and go for a night swim...

Look at these huge trees in Madagascar! What a sight.

Along with all of the beautiful views, I also want to know all about the culture and the people.
I would love to help these women and carry a basket of tea leaves on my head, too.

I would like to eat at this restaurant...

Infinity pools... I love them! I can't get over how cool they look.

Zip lining! Talk about an adrenaline rush!

A romantic gondola ride. People say it is expensive
and overrated, but I still want to go on one!

See the pyramids, and ride a camel. (This picture
kills two birds with one stone!)

Doesn't this roller coaster look awesome!? Look how
steep that drop is! ( I always wait in the longer
line to get in the front seat. That's the best spot!)

Anyway, that's all for now. There are so many more things to do and places I want to go! I'm sure there will be a "Places and Things II" blogpost coming soon...

1 comment:

sos said...

I'll do the zip line with you! Great pictures and places to go.