Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Homemaking



Tonight, I am making homemade meatballs and spaghetti sauce. The reviews were (mostly) all great and people especially raved about the meatballs. I've never made homemade meatballs OR sauce, and I have most of the ingredients already in my cupboards! It has to simmer for 3 hours, so our house will smell delish by the time it is done.

 
Target Home™ Wrinkle-Free Duvet - Grey
(this is the new duvet set, and the new
white sheets have a small pinstripe)
Yesterday I put new sheets on the bed (after I rotated the mattress, because my body is starting to slowly sink into my side of the bed), along with a new duvet cover we got for our wedding. I forgot how nice it is to sleep on brand new, just-washed sheets. The duvet is gray and simple (I always prefer white, but it gets dirty so easily. I think I will get another cheap white one from Ikea again sometime.) My mom will be proud - I make the bed every single day. (Sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night, but it's done daily). I hate when our bedroom looks cluttered or messy - it's nice to hide extra pillows and throw blankets on the floor of Jon's side of the bed, too - you can't see it when you walk in! (I should probably just fold up the blankets and put them away in the closet. That's a novel idea!)
  I have been trying to make our house more like a home - Jon also helps out a ton. He always mows and trims the yard, takes out the trash, washes all of the "big" dishes (pot and pans, etc.) and helps me with meals whenever I ask. He tries to help me make the bed, but I like it just right, so I usually like to do that by myself. Haha. He's very appreciative and tells me everything I make tastes good (he even ate the squash and zucchini the other night, and I know he hates it!) I try my best to show him my appreciation for all he does for me. He's a great husband, and I hope I'm a good wife, too.

No comments: