Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 2

30 Day Shred

Day 2 - Check

I woke up 5:10 AM, pushed snooze (an extra 8 minutes!), stayed in bed for another 7 minutes, and finally pulled myself out of bed at 5:25 AM. Elza didn't get home until 1:30 this morning, and sleepily told me that she will skip this morning and work out tonight instead.

Two minutes later, Elza joins me in the family room, mumbling something about being strong, and so we began our warm up with Jillian.

I'm having a hard time with sit ups. My neck starts to strain. Jillian keeps telling me that my "neck is not invited", "look at the ceiling" when I do sit ups, and to imagine"push(ing) my belly button into the ground". The whole time, I keep rearranging my hands and fingers behind my head and neck, trying to find a comfortable position. By the time I have found this position, the circuit is over and it's time to stand up again. I'll have to keep working on this. I think my neck is working harder than my abs! I need to perfect the sit up...

Right now, the push ups are pretty non-existent. I can do a couple (and I say 'couple' very loosely). But it's only Day 2, so I'm not worried yet!

I checked my weight this morning. I thought, by some miracle (and wishful thinking), that I would weigh less. But no, I was the exact same. It's alright. I've got 28 more days!

2 comments:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

Oh I'm so proud... of you AND Elza.

sos said...

Yay!!! I finished Day 2 today also. Good for us!!