Monday, February 21, 2011

My Sister...

...from another mister.



Elza Ruth Hartung is an amazing girl. (Woman just sounds too old to describe Elz!) She's so fun, energetic, and positive. Patient (she teaches 4 year olds!), hard working (who else can go to school full time and have about 100 part time jobs?), smart, beautiful, popular, kind, gentle, and sensitive. She's an amazing teacher and example to those around her. She's a great runner and can go for miles and miles. I know she is a wonderful granddaughter, daughter, and sister by the way she talks to them on the phone and leaves nice comments on Facebook :) She makes awesome cakes for celebrations and is always willing to lend a listening ear. Elza makes the best out of negative situations. She's fashionable and shares her cute clothes with me all of the time.

Ever since Elza was eleven years old, she would come visit New Hampshire every summer for a few weeks. We'd go to the beach and lay out, swim in the ocean until we were numb, and buy salt water taffy. She'd help weed the garden and mow the lawn and do all of the house chores with us. We dressed up and make music videos. She went on the Pioneer Trek with my stake one summer, helping pull heavy handcarts for 2 days (our picture was in the newspaper for that one, modeling our pioneer skirts and bonnets!)
I visited her in Hawaii last year and spent a week-long adventure going snorkeling, touring BYU-Hawaii, swimming with sea turtles, walking around the temple, going for long bus rides, tanning, eating good food, and looking at fun shops. Thanks for sharing your bed with me and introducing me to many experiences and adventures on a new island!
I think most of these pictures sum up Elza pretty well...












I think Hannah, Emma and I would all agree that Elza is pretty much our sister! I love you Elz!

1 comment:

sos said...

How nice - a lot of those pictures bring back great memories of her visits to NH. I think you need to post some of the videos you made...didn't you perform a song from Oklahoma?