Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day







I love Valentine's Day. I love it when I'm single and I love it when I'm in a relationship.

This year, Jon and I celebrated by going to sushi at The Happy Sumo, walking around the Provo Beach Resort, looking at different stores in the Riverwoods, and going to see a movie.

First off, Provo Beach Resort is amazing. We didn't do any of the activities (they are a bit pricey), but I really enjoyed just walking around. There are so many things available and all seem fun: surfing (really - they have boogie boards and surf boards and water and everything inside), croquet, bowling, a ropes course, simulated golf, a carousel for kids, arcade games, a playground, and a lot more. It all seemed so fun, I felt like I was walking on the boardwalk next to a beach. The atmosphere was great!

To celebrate the day, I got Jon some candy (of course), a grab bag from Mr. E's (football cards), and two tickets to the last home game for BYU basketball. I'm sure that was his favorite.

Jon bought me pretty flowers (he was very proud of himself - he hand picked each one at the floral shop and made the bouquet! And no roses, because I love daisies best), candles (he wrote a very nice letter to go with the candles and the candy), and some chocolates. But the best gift was all of the cut out hearts he made and each one has a quality that he loved about me. I want to share the list with you (not to toot my own horn, but to show you how sweet he is!):
-good with children
-great planner
-fun playmate
-comforting voice (side note: I don't think he's heard my screech yet...)
-soft skin
-good listener
-beautiful blue eyes
-spontaneous giver
-excellent kisser
-gorgeous hair
-punctual
-classy dresser
-tasteful decorator
-inspiring piano player
-faith in God
-polite and well-mannered
-radiant smile
-knowledgeable historian
-patient (especially with my repetitive phrases)
-refreshing smell
-wonderful cook
-adventurous dreamer
-real hugger
Isn't that so nice of him? He printed out each thought and glued them onto individual hearts. That's just one of the many reasons why I love him! He took the time and effort and put a lot of thought into each Valentine.

He couldn't give me a real smile!

1 comment:

sos said...

Nice pictures - sounds like a nice Valentine's Day!