Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Food and Points



I think I will update what I eat on here, so it keeps me more accountable. I promised myself I would not lie about what I ate. I won't update every day, but just to give an idea (and so you can do it too by looking at the points for each item!)

Breakfast at 7:
2 eggs (5 points), one piece of toast (2 points), a sprinkle of cheese (1 point), big glass of water
Total Points: 8

Snack at 10:30:
Small Gala apple (0 points)

Lunch at 12:
Progresso soup (6 points), cornbread muffin (4 points), big glass of water
Total Points: 10

Snack at 2:30:
15 frozen grapes (0 points)

Sugar fix at 4:
Tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Total Points: 2

Dinner at 7:30: (I planned for 6, but didn't realize how long it took to bake potatoes)
Vanilla Coke Zero(mmm) (0 points)
Baked potato with sour cream (2 T) /cheese (1 T) (7 points)
Baked chicken breast with herbs and olive oil (4 points)
Chili-lime corn on the cob (2 points)
Total Points: 13

Dessert at 9:
1/2 cup of light chocolate ice cream
Total Points: 3

10:00: Big glass of water before bed

Daily Grand Total: 36

My daily goal is 32 points, and I used 4 of my 'extra' weekly points.

Thoughts:

I have a hard time eating veggies. I have a lot of frozen veggies that I need to warm up and add to a meal but I just don't think about it until afterwards.

I am also supposed to track any activity. I think I sat most of the day yesterday and didn't really do anything that would count as an activity. I sit on my tuff all day.

I sip water at work throughout the day, but I know I need more. I just get tired of it...

I already feel better. I'm sure it's just mental, but to me, my body feels 'cleaner', if that makes any sense. Even though it's only been 2 days.

I calculate everything. Someone offered me a Zinger this morning (I've never had one, but it's like a Twinkies with frosting), and I asked him the 4 questions: Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber. I plug it into the calculator. For the whole package, it was 13 points. So for one it was 4 points. I passed and I stayed strong! (And it helps that I don't like Twinkies, ha).

I now take showers at night time, so I have more time in the morning to make breakfast. (I just get my hair wet now in the morning so I can "style" it, haha). I love having the extra time to get ready, too.

I have been trying to go to bed earlier, but I think the perfect time for me is 10:00 for bed, and wake up at 6:00. So far, so good. I've been waking up refreshed instead of groggy with those times.

2 comments:

sos said...

Keep going...I like reading what you eat. Zingers?? Not sure I would eat one either, especially after learning how many points they are!

Sargent Family said...

Sorry, but zingers are amazing! Raspberry flavored and with coconut! So good! But you're a good girl to stay away