Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Update



Updates

My first week weigh-in was on Saturday, and I was down 3 pounds! Woohoo. But the second week is really the one that counts, because who knows, it could have just been fluctuating, etc. I didn't eat very well this past weekend (I know it's counter-productive, but I was excited that my weight was down, so I ate bad! I know, it's twisted.) But now I have to stick to my 32-34 points per day. I have no more 'extra' points left over. But I have been drinking a LOT of water, so that's good!

Mom and dad come out to visit at the end of October/early November. I'm excited to see them and to see their costumes on Halloween night! :)

Jon and I saw Transformers 3 in the dollar theater last week. Good movie, but too long. I think the "battle" scene lasted over half the movie! I started getting antsy near the end. I was ready for it to be over.

The Vienna Boys Choir is coming to Salt Lake City at the end of October.  I have always wanted to see them, and I didn't want to miss the opportunity, so I bought tickets for Jon and myself.
I am excited for General Conference this weekend! The older I get, the more I enjoy it. (Plus it will be fun to watch with the Butler kids). While the boys are at the Priesthood session, Emma, Elza, Emily and I are having a girls night. :)

Work has been pretty busy lately. There were some layoffs last week and a few people were cut back to part time. I am grateful I still have my job, plus I was lucky and will be working 40 full hours, instead of 35 - 38. The other secretary I work with got cut back to 20 hours, so I am thanking my lucky stars. I'll miss a lot of the people who were let go, though.

I can't wait for the fall! I am waiting for the pumpkins to go on sale, and then I will decorate the stairs to the house and make hot apple cider and wear sweaters and my boots. I love love love the fall and the colors of the leaves and the cool, crisp air. I love to bake in the fall/winter, and make lots of warm apple crisp and pies. I'll have to share them, or I'll eat them all! This week the weather says it will be in the 80s, but by the end of next week, the 60s will be here! If I had my wish, it would be fall all year round. And maybe 2 months of winter with snow so I can have a white Christmas. :) UNLESS I lived by the beach, of course. :)

HAPPY FALL!!

No comments: