Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 1

Time to start counting again! The goal is to work out 6 days a week. I'll be getting on that elliptical every morning at 5:15 and go until 6:00. 45 minutes. My next goal is to add strength training at night, 2-3 times a week. But for now, I'll stick with the cardio every morning.

Day 1: Check

Waking up wasn't as rough as I thought. I was sick Saturday night/Sunday morning, and was up all night, so I figured that it would be extra hard to wake up this morning. But, I went to bed extra early last night and only woke up once. I slept in my workout clothes so I would be ready to jump out of bed, put on my shoes and my contacts, and be ready to go. I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so I will tomorrow, and every morning from here on out. Gotta keep track!

Thought of the morning: mind over body. Over and over again. Mind over body, mind over body. The first 5 minutes weren't awful. But the countdown from 39:40 to 12:11 remaining wasn't good. I need to stop looking at the clock! When I hit 22:30, I was tempted to quit. I figured that I already had 22 minutes of a hard workout, that was enough - especially after not working out in over a month. But I pressed forward. I always feels good when I finish working out. Today I burned 515 calories! And who wants to eat any junk food after that? It'd be a waste of a workout.

I need to remember to drink lots of water. This morning I drank about 20 ounces, and right now I'm sipping from another water bottle. But sometimes I just don't LIKE water. Maybe I need to "pump it up" with Crystal Light, just like they do in the commercials.

3 comments:

Sargent Family said...

Good idea sleeping in your work out clothes! One less excuse in the morning!

Erika Amonett said...

You are doing awesome, Molly! Keep up the good work!

DCAja said...

love this blog! GBU :)
br,
https://kartukreditbungarendah.wordpress.com/