Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 4

Day 4: Check

Yesterday was Day 4. I didn't go to bed until 11:30 the night before, so I decided to sleep in and work out last night instead. It wasn't as bad as I thought. BUT, I did the same thing this morning. I slept in and decided I would work out tonight. Friday night, no less. Jon and I are going on a date so I can't work out tonight! And our friend's girlfriend is sleeping on our couch tonight and tomorrow night. I obviously did not think ahead this morning. And I wasn't even able to sleep after the alarm went off. I should have just jumped out of bed. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Jon and I went to the park on Wednesday and hit some baseballs. My hitting is getting a lot better! My pitching and throwing...not so much. Although I did pitch one straight to him, and he hit it so hard the ball whizzed by me so fast I could hear it. I just closed my eyes and put my hands to my face and didn't move. I think I was paralyzed for a moment; it was THIS close to my face! So my pitching got worse after that. I think I was just really nervous that the ball was going to hit me. I couldn't concentrate. Poor Jon. I bet only 3 out of 10 balls that I pitched were actually ok. Maybe even less...

Tonight we are going to Trafalga to play mini-golf and drive some go-karts. (I'm sure we'll do some batting cages as well...) We babysat on Wednesday night and made some good money. I'm pretty excited to go on a date! We go for walks, watch movies, hang out with nieces and nephews, go to the park, study, etc. but I am especially excited to go out. Even though we've been dating for almost 2 months, I feel like I need to dress up and look extra cute! Megan is curling my hair, and Emma and I are going to Nordstrom's after work today - I'm SO tempted to buy something pretty and new for tonight. I don't NEED anything, but new clothes just make me feel good about myself! We'll see. I'm sure I'll return to the car empty-handed. I have enough clothes, and I know it. I just need that to sink in to my brain...

No comments: