Monday, July 26, 2010

Choices

Sometimes I wish I had a crystal ball that would tell me what I should do with my life. I have so many options and choices right now. School, work, move, etc. Right now I have a great job that I enjoy and I like the people I work with. The hours are great (7:30 - 2:30/3), but I'm starting to want something more. I've been thinking about PTA (Physical Therapy Assitant) school right now. PTA's start out making at least $40,000 a year, and the job openings outnumber the job applicants, so it's not too hard to find a job. The program takes about 2 years, and there are only a few schools around here that offer that program. The only problem is that they are both in the day time. I know some things have to change if I want to move forward with my life, but I'd hate to quit my job. Especially when the program starts in just about a month. That doesn't give me much time to decide. Plus finding a new job, etc. And what if I change my mind and decide that the program really isn't for me? And what if I can't find a part time job at night? I wish I could see into the future. I am grateful, though, when people don't push my about school. It drives me nuts when people always ask about it or tell me I need or should go, etc. I know these things, but I'll go when I want to. And now that I'm getting the itch to go, I still don't know what to do!
I've been in Utah for four years now. I've enjoyed my time working. But I've been living in my comfort shell for too long now. It's time to break out and do something more. I'll still stay in Utah - I love my ward and my friends and the people I know, and the convenience of where I live. Somebody just needs to invent a crystal ball or a modern-day liahona for me, or something...

1 comment:

sos said...

Advice (whether you want it or not!): take a couple of night classes before you jump in all the way. You like your job so keep it for now, save some money for school, and see how you like being a student again. I would take it a step at a time if you are undecided about what to do.