Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Every Mile a Memory

Kyle and I broke up one year ago last night. I can still recall it pretty well. I called mom at midnight, right after he left, and just cried and talked to her for a long time. It was probably one of the hardest nights of my life. The next day at work I didn't tell anyone, but I went into the bathroom a couple of times and just cried. I can't believe how fast time flies, though. He's had a couple of relationships since. I've had a couple of dates. I know there will be more falling in love, more crushes, more heartaches and breakups, etc. Some people can move right along, and others take years to get over a person. Most days I'm perfectly content with the path my life has taken. I am not perfect. I made many mistakes in our relationship. I'm trying my best to change and I feel that I have had a change of heart this past year. But, I also think I have been holding on to some grudges. I've finally forgiven myself. I've finally forgiven him. I think he's forgiven me. It's such a release to let go of those hurtful feelings. It's like the slate has been wiped clean, and I can finally move forward and be open to new things. I took the Marriage and Family Prep class at church this last semester, and I have learned so much about relationships and growing together with someone and becoming better together. A relationship isn't about one person. It's such an unselfish thing! It's about making the other person happy (which will turn around on you, and you'll be happy, too). I'm looking forward to putting what I learned into action.

No comments: