Friday, July 23, 2010

The Diiirty Dash


On September 25th, there is a 10k (6.2 miles) called The Dirty Dash up in Salt Lake City. Just take a look at that obstacle course! Man oh man!! I'm nervous but excited already! Emma, Elza, and I are going to do it! Bring your cameras! I started 'training' last night. 3 miles. 45 minutes. Not very good. I would walk, run, walk, run. But then again, that's only Day 1. I better start building up my resistance now, though. Emma was right - if you start out running, it's much easier to just keep going. Take breaks, but then start running again. When I stop and start walking, I hate starting to run again. So I'll try that next time.
Those obstacles are going to make it pretty rough! It's going to be muddy, sweaty, hard, dirty, long, and FUN! (At least, those are my expectations...)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Molly, three miles in 45 minutes is GREAT for your first time!! Seriously, that's awesome! I run 3 miles a couple times a week and it usually takes me about 35 minutes... I like to think I would do better if it wasn't so dang hot out though... :)

Emma and John said...

I'm so excited! I really need to get running....I can't wait to start. We need some matching pig ears!

John said...

Keep it up...can't wait to see you in September...covered in mud! Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for helping to get the word out!

John
john@thedirtydash.com