Saturday, July 17, 2010

MoTab's Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert!

Last night I went to see a concert by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was AWESOME. I have never seen them in concert before; I've only seen them sing in General Conference. A concert is a lot different. There's a lot of clapping, standing, whistles, etc. Everything you don't do at conference. I'm not used to that in the conference center! They sang some great songs, including "It's a Grand Night for Singing" from State Fair (probably my all time favorite movie), Battle Hymn of the Republic, Handel's Hallelujah chorus, Amazing Graze with bagpipes, Look for the Silver Lining (I had never heard this song before last night, but I really liked it), and so many more great songs.
Since the choir is commemorating 100 years of recording, there were stories stories and videos of the choir's recording history in between every few songs. Very interesting facts about how they first started recording, and how they record now, etc. Also some stories about the organ pipes and the choir travelling all over the world.








Now I've just got to find a way to get tickets for their Christmas concert! I heard that's a sell-out!

2 comments:

sos said...

Wish I could have been there!

Hannah said...

looks like fun, wish I could have gone too.