Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 16

30 Day Shred

Day 16 - Check

It's Saturday morning. I went to bed at midnight, and of course I woke up at 6 AM. I sat around for a little, read some of Elza's running magazine, read an Ensign article, and decided that I couldn't put off the workout any longer. Seriously, I just like to get it over with! Then I don't have to think about it all day...which is nice. Sometimes I have to leave my friends' houses earlier than I want, just so I can still work out and get a decent amount sleep.

I saw a movie last night...no soda or popcorn, but water and...hot tomales! My moment of weakness. I had a small, individual bag in my hand at the gas station...and then opted it for the big box. Good news - I didn't eat the whole box. Bad news - I still ate way too many. I least I downed them with some water, right? Haha, the good and the bad. Seriously though, what's my problem? Why didn't I just settle with the small bag? Selfishness because I didn't want to share a small bag? I was hoarding the box through the whole movie! I think I shared maybe 5 cinnamon candies. No more big boxes of candy at movies. Or ever. Not even on road trips.

I want to go here. It's Antelope Island on Salt Lake. Tons of trails, beachy parts, wildlife, and it looks just beautiful! I read it in the running magazine this morning. (Who would have thought I'd ever pick up that magazine.) So one of these upcoming Saturday mornings I am heading up. With a friend. You're welcome to come with me.

PS: I love Elder Holland's talk from April's conference, 'Place No More for the Enemy of My Soul'. Read it here. One of my favorites.

1 comment:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

This morning when I was flying into the airport, I saw Antelope Island and thought to myself that I needed to ask if you wanted to join me one of these days.