Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 19

30 Day Shred

Day 19 - Check

Last night I did workout number 19. It wasn't too bad. Jillian doesn't allow breaks or anything (or, if you really have to take a break, it can be, at the longest, 5 seconds). I take these breaks. Sometimes it's just 2 or 3 seconds, but it helps me! I also sip water throughout the workout. My mouth gets so dry and I just need hydration! Yes, I know. It's only 30 minutes of intensity, you don't get breaks for that short of a time. Yeah yeah. 3 seconds here and there won't ruin my workout. I haven't checked my weight in a couple of days (probably because I know I haven't made the best food decisions lately...) Maybe I'll check tomorrow.

I have to work out tonight for number 20. I'm feeling pretty sick this morning. I found a Wendy's 2-cracker packet of saltines in my desk drawer and ate those to see if they would help. They tasted disgusting - I think they sprinkled them with sugar instead of salt. Or my tastebuds are just acting funny...haha.

I've been talking to my neighbor a lot lately and he knows everyone in the neighborhood. I don't know anyone! So my goal is to get to know some people. Like the old man next door that weeds my flowers. I found out he is Portuguese, grew up in Yugoslavia, and was a Nazi who worked in concentration camps during World War II. I would love to talk to him and hear his stories. Although the neighbor says he's kind of hard to understand. I've only said 'hi' and 'thank you' to him in the past 4 years! Except for the time I was digging up dirt to plant flowers. Then he came out and started doing it for me and said "This is a man's job. Next time, a man should do this for you".
I also found out that the house three doors down is Provo City housing, where abused women and children go when they need a safe place to stay. So maybe it would be nice to visit the families there (they move new people in and out every few months, I heard). So it's time to step out of my comfort zone and get to know more people!

No comments: