Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 8

30 Day Shred

Day 8 - slight check (will be a 'check' by the end of the day)!

Yesterday I started getting a sore throat, and I hardly slept a wink last night. I kept tossing and turning and my throat was killing me. When I woke up this morning my stomach wasn't happy, my throat was on fire, and my nose was stuffy. But I got dressed in my workout gear and started the DVD anyway. I only got through the warm up before I turned it off. So this morning I took it easy, but when I get home from work, it'll definitely be shred time.

Good news: I bought some new athletic socks (from Old Navy, of all places!) I love them. I was going to buy some exercise pants, too, but decided I can find them cheaper somewhere else. (Walmart, perhaps?) It's not like I need to look good while I work out, especially since I'm staying at home and doing videos.

More good news: I'm buying an elliptical. I am getting a great, great deal. It's a Proform 480 LE. Found here. I'm going to my friend's store (Shape Up) on Friday to try it out (I'm pretty sure I'll love it, but you never know), buy it, and then he's going to deliver it to my house next Wednesday. I'm so excited! I was going to do The Firm DVD's in the evenings, but have decided to do the elliptical at night instead. Pop in a movie, listen to music (it has the iPOD plug in), look at a magazine, etc!

Bad new: I gave in and checked my weight this morning. Which I promised myself I would only do on Mondays.

Good news: My weight was down.

Snacks (aka lunch) for work today: yogurt (already gone), apple, carrots, and granola bar.
I eat breakfast every morning, but I only work until 3, and I don't like eating lunch at my desk. So I just bring easy snacks. And when I get home, I make dinner around 4 or so, and then have a snack later. (The new rule: No eating after 7). Well, that's the ideal day, anyway. It doesn't always happen like that. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

sos said...

You're doing so well!!! Keep going - you're inspiring me to keep working at it. Even though the scale may not say what you want to hear, the skirt did. :) Hooray! (Can they ship me the elliptical from UT? I think I want one too.)