Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Dream Home

I love HGTV. It always gives me great ideas and makes me want to buy/build my dream home. While I'm watching it, I plan: (I get so giddy thinking about this!)
Dark brown, wide plank (not too shiny) wood floors throughout the house. A farmhouse sink in the kitchen with black concrete counter tops. An island with a small sink in the kitchen. Stainless steel appliances. A double oven. A gas stove. Colors consisting of grays and whites and blues (and some yellows thrown in there) throughout the house. A big claw foot tub (with a separate shower), and wainscoting around the walls of the bathroom. Plenty of bedrooms for all of my children (the number is 7 right now, but we'll see how I feel after baby number 1), and of course a room or two for all of my guests. A wrought iron canopy bed in my room with white bedding and lots of pillows. A baby grand piano. Lots of windows for natural light. Enough bathrooms (4? Who knows...) A mud room with pegs for coats and cubbyholes for boots and shoes. The house will be white and have a wrap-around porch (with 4 or 5 rocking chairs, of course) and old fashioned lanterns will hang down from the ceiling of it. A 3 car garage (perhaps one for my boat...?) An American flag on my porch, waving in the wind. A long driveway. Lovely landscaping. A beautiful vegetable garden. Fruit trees. 10+ acres of land. And the land will lead right to the ocean! 2 dogs and 1 cat. A beautiful detached barn for storage and whatever else (maybe a bride will want to have her reception in a country barn, who knows! And I'll let her use it for free, because I'll be so blessed with all of this other stuff!!) Somewhere in New England, or at least on the east coast. Snow in winter, sun in the summer. And lots of crunchy leaves in the fall.

Man, what a dream! Now where's my sugar daddy?

1 comment:

C & E said...

That all sounds divine! Right b4 I read your post I made sure to enter the HGTV Dreamhome giveaway.